Temptations vs Hardships

Posted by Chancie Martin Chancie Martin
Something neat I found out / learned with my devotional today.
 Temptation vs Hardships
 1 Corinthians 10:13 "No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful: he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.
 2 Corinthians 1:8-9 "We do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about the hardships we suffered in the province of Asia. We were under great pressure, far beyond our ability to endure, so that we despaired even life. 9- Indeed, in our hearts we felt the sentence of death. But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God, who raises the dead."
 Up until today, I guess I didn't really think of the two as separate. However, after reading and listening to my CD today, I have a gained insight on the two. It is true that God will not allow us to be tempted beyond what we can handle. In other words, every temptation we have, God gives us the ability to with stand it.
 With hardships: We all suffer hardships. Some are fresh out of a hardship, going through a hardship or just got delivered from it. What ever our personal situation with hardships, God is the only one who can rescue us from it. We can be pushed beyond what we can handle in a hardship. At this point, you can either remain in your hardship rolling around in dark days or fall to your knees and ask God to get you through it. It is at that point, God is your only answer. He is your only rescuer. Once you are delivered from your hardship, you can forget who delivered you out of your dark days or you will have developed a closer relationship with your deliverer. Think about a hardship you went through and think about the person that helped you. While you were healing and going through it, did you develop a closer relationship with that special person? I'm sure you probably did. How? Was it through talking and being with that person? Did it make your relationship stronger? Do you now know more about that person and feel a tighter bond? If you can answer 'yes.' Then I ask you, isn't that what God is doing with us through our hardships? I have faith in God that he puts people in my life that I really need to help me get through this life. I pray that I will have my eyes open to seeing that and my heart to being receptive to the special person God chooses for me through that hardship.
 Everyone who truly knows me, I'm a planner with my family. I have 5 VERY active kids. From church, school, soccer and more soccer, we have to have a plan or it'll be a HUGE mess everyday. I had yesterday planned since this past Monday and would recite it to myself daily just to make sure I had it all down with timing and everything. It was going to be a very tight squeeze but I had it figured out. 2 B-day parties and getting Prom activities done. On Friday, I found out that the Saturday afternoon party was actually that night. That took one party from the schedule and I could never get around to confirming that the twins would be at the other party. So, it was just soccer from 8:00 am through 1:00 pm. I was thrilled. As I was going through my day, Saturday I noticed that it wasn't the day I had planned and worried about, It was the day God planned for me so that I could enjoy my Saturday and everyone that was placed in my path that day and night.
 Matthew 6: 34- Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
 AMEN!!